On the instruction of the Head of State, the National Chairman of the Cameroon People’s Democratic Party(CPDM), the head of the North West Permanent Regional Delegation of the CPDM central committee, his excellency Philemon Yang effected a working visit to the seven Divisions of the North West Region from Monday 7th to Saturday 12th May 2018. The visit had three main objectives, namely,;
1- To continue with the process of dialogue put in place by the Head of State H.E Paul Biya,
2- To call on all the militants of the CPDM and all patriotic Cameroonians to be active participants in the fight against terrorism and other criminal activities.
3- To prepare the militants of the CPDM AND ALL PATRIOTIC Cameroonians for the celebration of the National day on the 20th of May 2018.
During the visit, H.E Philemon Yang met with the following,
- Members of the Permanent Regional Delegation
- Members of the permanent Divisional Delegation
- Members of gov’t and persons ranking as such
- Senators and members of the national assembly
- CPDM Mayors and deputie,
- Section executives of the CPDM,WCPDM,YCPDM
- Sub-section Presidents of the CPDM,WCPDM,YCPDM
- Administrative authorities,
- First and second class traditional rulers
The militants used the meeting as an opportunity to;
- To discuss freely on the current socio-political crisis in the North West and South West Region
- Deplore acts of violence, kidnappings, killings, settling of scores, “Ghost Towns” school boycotts and all forms of criminal activities carried out by people who want to destroy the unity and stability of our fatherland.
- Propose ways to fight terrorism and restore peace in the Region as part of the ongoing dialogue put in place by the Head of State H.E Paul Biya
- Prepare for a massive participation at the celebration of the national pride, and unity on the 20th of May 2018
- Express their firm determination to stand behind President Paul Biya in his quest for peace and unity in Cameroon
- Invite Cameroonians who are involved in acts of violence and terrorism to come out of their hidings and participate in the dialogue on peace put in place by the Head of State.
The head of the North West Permanent Regional Delegation encouraged the militants to be peace loving, patriotic, law abiding, courageous, determined and patient.
In the seven Divisions, his excellency Philemon yang met with thousands of militants and sympathizers of the CPDM who appreciated his regular visits to the Region and his desire for peace and stability in Cameroon. In each of the Divisions, a motion of support was addressed to His Excellency Pual Biya National Chairman of the CPDM.